aboutpolitics.com Forum Forum Index aboutpolitics.com Forum
aboutpolitics.com forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Final GOP debate before Super Tuesday

Post new topic   Reply to topic    aboutpolitics.com Forum Forum Index -> Election 2008
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goose

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Final GOP debate before Super Tuesday Reply with quote

While there didn't seem to be a clear "winner" of this debate there were a few things that stood out. First, Romney needed to dominate the debate and it didn’t seem like he did. He had some really good moments talking about how he could help the economy but too much of the debate was spent trying to dispute attacks from Senator McCain. I think most would agree that he was hoping to do better going into Super Tuesday.

I thought McCain came off as being a bit shrewd. I'm not sure that that is a bad thing. Some may have just taken it as being tough which people usually like in a President. And was it just me or did McCain turn the answer to every question in to something about “timetables”? He also stumbled around the Immigration question big time.

As for the other two candidates at the debate (Huckabee, Paul), we could have just done without them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    aboutpolitics.com Forum Forum Index -> Election 2008 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: